Thursday, May 17, 2012

Caprese Bites


Here's a tasty summer appetizer that is both healthy and super easy to make!
If you like Caprese salad, you will love these.

Ingredients:
Basil Leaves-I used fresh ones from my container garden
Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
Mozzarella cheese-I used balls that I sliced in halves
Balsamic Vinegar 
Olive Oil
Toothpicks
Salt, if desired

To make the appetizers:
Take one tomato and one piece of cheese. Wrap a basil leaf around the bottom of the cheese and tomato-making a cradle. Skewer with a toothpick to secure. Place on serving tray and repeat until you have made the desired number of appetizers. I made 15 for a small gathering of friends. Note: this was not enough-everyone LOVED them! 

Drizzle vinegar and oil over each one. Salt to taste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment