Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fall Decorating

Fall Decorating 


Fall means the start of holiday season and family fun. We spend a lot of time gathered around the TV watching football, so I always decorate my family room first. I really love lights, so I tend to layer them. Here's how you can make your own easy fall decor:

I used two fall garlands that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. I added extra pics of pumpkins and sunflowers to make them fuller. I then added my favorite lights-a sting of pumpkin lights I bought years ago from Target. I love these! I also added another string new from Target this year-they are Vintage style lights with orange glass bulbs accented with a little black added for dramatic effect. 
To finish it off, I used two candlesticks from Pier One to give two of my three pumpkins some varying heights on one end of the mantle. On the other end, I used two lighted pumpkins I purchased from QVC this year. That's it for the mantle.


For the buffet below the television, I used one fall garland also from Hobby Lobby with extra pics just like the mantle. I then added a softer LED owl light strand from Target, so the lights would not compete with the television. The owls are cute!
Next, I will layer in some extra wide fall ribbon I purchased from Grandin Road into both garlands. I think your decorations look better when you layer multiple items together. Then, it will be time to add in all the Halloween decor. Eek!

Happy Fall,
born2beamommy

No comments:

Post a Comment