Monday, August 27, 2012

Fantasy Football Draft Party 2012

We hosted the second annual fantasy football draft party yesterday. The guys had fun and a new league was formed. Here are a few things I made for the party:


Snack Stadium:

Bean dip topped with homemade guacamole for the football field and two kinds of salsas for the end zones. One side was jar Tostitos salsa and the darker is gourmet hatch green chili salsa from Market Street Grocery Store. I piped sour cream as lines and the field goals are made from beef sticks.
I put sub sandwiches around to hold in the chips. Really fun to do-but next year, I am getting a longer pan-to make the field longer.

Football brownies:
Just bake a jelly roll pan of brownies (doubled the recipe). When cooled, cut into football shapes and then pipe white icing as the laces on top.

 We are a house united-some of my money went to TCU and some went to OU :) So, I made my front door decor half for TCU and half for OU. I hand made the footballs because I couldn't find any large enough online or in any crafts stores.
I lit the garland because, well, I love lights! OK, it isn't anything NFL, but hey, I watch both NFL and college football, so it works for me and I wanted to represent these two schools anyways. IIt also matches my two yard signs.
Go Frogs! Boomer Sooner! With both of these schools in the Big 12 this year, it's going to be an interesting season.

No comments:

Post a Comment