Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Door Decor

I have been seeing a lot of decorating ideas using Deco Mesh, so I had to try it. So, I let my front door be the guinea pig and experimented a bit.

I started with a lighted grapevine garland that I have had for years. Then, I layered a fall leaf garland over the grapevine garland. I plan on leaving this part up through Thanksgiving.

Then, I used a roll of deco mesh and gathered it up into sections and used my green florist wire to tie it to the garlands.

Next, I went to Michael's and bought a few inexpensive items to add another layer of Halloween specific decor. I bought foam jack o lanterns, a bat, a ghost, a witches' broom, and made the BOO letters. For the letters, I bought modge podge, scrapbook paper, and precut wooden letters spelling BOO. I cut and trimmed the scrapbook paper to fit the letters and used the modge podge to adhere the paper to the letters. Then, simply added them to the garlands. Easy! Finally, I took green glittery mesh ribbon and wove it through the garlands.
Here's how it turned out:
Happy Halloween! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment