Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat!

We are fortunate! Our neighbors put on a free Haunted House that draws huge crowds of trick or treaters! We love it! I decorate our yard with lots of lights, spooky trees, flashing bats, a circle of ghosts, and various characters, including the Peanuts group, which I love.




Why do I go to so much trouble? Well, it all started for my kids and now I continue because of the neighborhood kids. As soon as I break out the decorations, the kids seem to just know it and come over to "help" me. It's cute! We also have people who come to our home on Halloween every year and most stop to take pictures in our yard. It's a lot of fun. Everyone's favorite photography stop seems to be the large inflatable black cat that moves its head from side to side every minute or so. That's the favorite stop in our yard for the kids- some are scared but all seem to love it!

We had a young lady stop by this year to tell us how much my son scared her like 10 yrs ago-when he was dressed like a scary monster and hid behind our column and jumped out to "greet" her.  He scared a lot of the older trick or treaters that year. Good times.

We sat outside and handed out candy for hours. I always buy a ton of candy and rarely have much left over. There were lots of super heros this year but my favorite was the blonde headed little lion. He so reminded me of my son at that age. Precious!

So, if you are one of those people who don't hand out candy in your neighborhood, please reconsider. It is a lot of fun and you are making memories for kids that they will remember forever. And, so will you!

No comments:

Post a Comment