Sunday, November 27, 2011

Deck the Halls Installment #4: Living Room Garland and Nativity Scene

I was shopping with my mom one year and happened upon a beautiful, ornate Nativity Scene at Sam's Wholesale Club. My sweet mom bought one for me, and one for her home. We put it out every year. I love it because it reminds me of her, and also because it is the prettiest one I have ever scene. The outfits on the figures are ornate and detailed and made of fine fabrics. The camel is one of my favorite pieces, as well. :)
I added an angel from my angel tree to the set, because I thought it needed one.


I updated our mantle decor this year, as well. I have a very heavy, large garland that I now place on top of my mantle and let it hang down both sides.  I used to hang it from the mantle with nails-it was hard to do and then you had to fill in the holes afterwards. Why don't we think of better ways to do these things right away? LOL
This year, I added gold deco mesh to the garland and a new animal print ribbon from Garden Ridge. The ribbon matches my two giraffe inspired fabric chairs in that living room, that I just love. I also added clusters of oversized gold ball ornaments, which made a nice impact. I opted not to hand the matching wreath above the fireplace this year, and just let the garland make the statement instead. I am a big fan of reindeer, so the golden ones adorn the center of my mantle.

No comments:

Post a Comment